The trustees of Dorset Advocacy have a vital role in leading the organisation to deliver our strategic priorities.
Here are their 6 main duties:
1. Ensure that Dorset Advocacy is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
2. Comply with our governing document and the law
3. Act in our best interests
4. Manage Dorset Advocacy’s resources responsibly
5. Act with reasonable care and skill
6. Ensure we are accountable
We are looking for volunteers with one or more of the following skills and experience, to add to the existing expertise of our current board members:
- Business development
- Human Resources
The other essential qualification is a firm commitment to the values and purpose of our highly regarded and successful organisation.
Please look around this website to get a flavour of who and what we are. If you think you would like to find out more about this challenging but hugely rewarding role, in the first instance contact Mike Pochin, our Chief Executive, on 01305 251033.
Chair of Trustees