Advocacy for Carers in the BCP Council area
We support carers in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole to speak up and be heard. This service – delivered by Help and Care – is open to all carers in the local area, including carers who fund their own care and support.
- a free, confidential and individual service
- a source of balanced and impartial information
- help for people to voice their needs
- speaking up for a carer if they are unable to speak for themselves
- supportive of self-advocacy and empowerment
Issues we can support with include:
- Getting support for yourself or the person you care for from social services.
- Meetings with social services to assess your needs.
- Helping you to speak up about problems you are having.
- Supporting you with more than one issue if necessary.
If you have an issue that requires more specialist advice than we are able to give (eg. legal, benefits) we’ll signpost you to another organisation with the right knowledge (eg. Citizens Advice).
Find out more about carers advocacy:
Phone: Help and Care – 0300 111 3303
(Mon – Fri 10am-4pm)
We also support carers of people with a learning disability to share their experiences with the Council and the NHS in order to improve services. We facilitate meetings where you can share what it’s really like to be a carer. You don’t need lots of time or experience, just the enthusiasm to share your ideas. Contact our Carers Representation coordinator, Sini Lucas, if you would like to be involved:
Mobile: 07891 549680
Your personal information
In order to help you, we need to ask for information such as your name, address, date of birth, and reasons for the referral. We are responsible for keeping your information safe.
Find out how we look after your data.