Spot Purchase Work
A number of Local Authorities around the country commission us to provide advocacy to people in the Dorset area.
We received great service and a very warm, caring approach, professional support to make a best interest decision for our client. [Source: Local Authority Best Interest Assessor]
You can Spot Purchase the following
- Paid Representative and DOLS section 39a advocates. We can’t currently provide Section 39d advocates for out of county authorities.
- Care Act advocacy for people funded by out of county local authorities
- Support for parents with learning disabilities. For people funded by Dorset and BCP Council we can undertake the first 8 hours under our existing Pan-Dorset contract. As these cases usually go on for longer than we are funded for, we need a completed Spot Purchase agreement before we begin our advocacy work.
- Litigation Friends for people under DOLS.
Our rates are:
- £39.50 per hour standard rate
- £35 per hour reduced rate (for commissioners who already have a block contract with us, and for larger pieces of advocacy work.)