We are making a difference! We are committed to demonstrating our impact, using a combination of case studies, statistics from our database, and feedback from the people who benefit from our projects.
- In 2015 we helped over 4,000 people.
- 90% of people we ask are very satisfied with the quality of our work.
- 90 of older people affected by cancer are helped by our Macmillan Cancer Advocacy project every year.
- Our advocates worked for over 19,000 hours last year, helping people in Dorset to have a voice and assert their rights.
- Around 50% of the NHS complaints that we have supported people with, have been upheld.
- Each week we receive over 50 referrals to our telephone gateway.
You can download our latest annual review below:
Dorset Advocacy was founded in 1992 to meet the advocacy needs of the people of Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. It was established by a group of disabled people, and people involved in health and social who believed that advocacy support is essential. It ensures that choice and high standards are a reality for people who need health and social care services.
Dorset Advocacy are a strong, committed team, providing a wide range of statutory and non statutory independent advocacy services across Dorset, Poole and Bournemouth. A clear commitment to the rights of individuals they support has been evident throughout this assessment process and is demonstrated in the policies and procedures used to support advocacy activity as well as in our conversations with managers, advocates and volunteers and with people who have used the service.Quality Performance Mark: Assessment Report 2015