NHS Complaints

Help with NHS Complaints is a free, independent service that helps anyone who is dissatisfied with their experience of the NHS in Dorset to make a complaint.

From doctors, to dentists, hospitals and community services, NHS staff see us at difficult times in our lives. We expect high quality care from friendly staff and when this doesn’t happen, it can be distressing and even devastating. It is hard to know who to complain to, what to say, or how to say it. Our team will listen to you, and because we are independent, we will always put your views first.

We can help you with complaints about any aspect of the NHS: General Practitioners (GPs), dentists, hospitals and community health services (including mental health services).

From 1 April 2019, this service will be provided by a new agency, seAp. Until 15 March, please continue to contact Dorset Advocacy as usual if you need help with a complaint; however, please be aware that we may only be able to offer you support over the phone until the new service starts. From 18 March, please contact seAp directly on 0330 440 9000 or info@seap.org.uk unless you need help at a Local Resolution Meeting scheduled during March, or the one-year time-limit for your complaint is near to expiry, in which case contact Dorset Advocacy in the first instance.

If your care wasn’t commissioned or provided in Dorset, Bournemouth or Poole click here for the Healthwatch website to find the Independent Complaints Advocacy service in your area.